Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New on list

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Vintage_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi every one ,

    I just registered here and yes I already need your help/opinions . I recently bought 2 sets of vintage Altec 3 way speaker systems .
    I think the low cabinet is a 828 but I'm not shure . For the mid cabinet I have no idea , although I was told it is also made by Altec . As is the high cabinet . The mid cabinet is driven by a 12" speaker . 2 of the 4 high cabinets also have a bullet tweeter installed .
    You can find pictures at the following link :

    http://chris-boeckstyns.magix.net

    Hope someone can help me here .
    Thanks already .

    Chris

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Bottom cabs look like custom or modified 828's.

    Mid bass cabs somewhat remind me of EV but not exact, definitely not an Altec i've ever seen.

    I see in one of your photos slant plate lenses by either JBL or McCauley.

    As far as i know Altec never made a bullet tweeter.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Vintage_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The bullit should be a Fane product , that's what the guy told me on the phone . Bought the speakers without seeing them from a website ( placed a bid of 350,- euro's and got a message that they are mine ) .
    I don't have the speakers at my place yet , will pick them up later this week .
    The ones with the slant plate is another set of 4 Altec 828 cabinets with slants and a small horn on top that are for sale . 2 of them are modified as they are equipped with 18" speakers . At the moment I have no more information on them but will give the seller a call to find out .

    Greetz , Chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vintage_PA: Welcome. I just registered about a month ago. Congradulations on your new toys. Give us further information when you pick them up. As for me I have Altec 12" 414-8Bs woofers, 806 compression driver/811 horn, Electro-voice T350 tweeters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.